The Government has introduced legislation designed to help individuals save more for their retirement. It requires all employers to enrol their workers into a workplace pension scheme.
Key Points for Workers:
- You have a choice – you can opt out/in now or in the future
- You will have your own pension pot and can make choices about it if you want to (but you do not have to)
- You are not the only one paying in – your employer contributes and you get tax relief
- Makes it easy for you to save for retirement
- You should get personalised information from the start about the money paid into your pension pot
- The full basic State Pension is £155.65 a week (this could change). Whilst it helps increase the amount you receive in retirement, you will probably want more.
- This does not replace or affect entitlement to the State Pension
- It is never too early or too late to save for your retirement
- Builds peace of mind for your future
- It is a government change and every employer has to offer it
- Pensions are a long-term investment and they usually produce better returns than savings accounts*
- Having a pension does not rule out other ways of saving
- Pensions are now better protected
- The money is not lost if you move jobs or die before you retire
*past performance is no indication of future returns
Beacon Wealth Management Ltd has a selection of material available to
employers, to enable effective communication to workers, regarding their workplace pension arrangements. (If you are worker who would like further information, your company (if with Beacon Wealth Management Ltd), should have this to hand.)
Ask your specialist for advice.
Independent Financial Adviser
Tel: 01480 869466